RealFlow Wisdom

RealFlow blog: Tips, Technics and Scripting.

Grid to bin sequence exporter.

More than one time I have needed to extract the particles from a Grid Domain to use them in another platform or simply to render them using RF Render Kit. So, this is a really useful and simple script (updated) for all those who need to export Grids to particle .bin sequence and forgot to switch it on in the Export Central Panel. Thanks to Next Limit team.

Advertisements

September 1, 2011 - Posted by | Grid Base Fluids, Pipeline, Scripting | , ,

8 Comments »

1. hi there,
    I have tried ur script, and thank you for this script.
    but I have some problem. when I loaded using PRT loader’s krakatoa..those conveted grid domain.. I didnt see anything (have light n render with krakatoa too), but if I loaded those .bin with pflow then I can render with krakatoa.
    so why I cant render those .bin in krakatoa using PRT loader? normaly I can render all particles .bin just using PRT loader’s krakatoa in 3dsmax. any idea?

thanks,
    prie

Comment by prie | January 18, 2012 | Reply

2. Well, this is a good question, this is probably due to the script exporter does not write all the parameters in the .bin.
    I would have to check this with the Next Limit guys, so let me some days to review the script and test it.
    Thanks for report this.

Comment by jalixko | January 18, 2012 | Reply

3. Mmmm, I am wondering if Krakatoa supports directly bin particles from RF or you need to export to prt or it is needed to use through pflow.
    I am not sure, but think Krakatoa does not support .bins directly. Anyway, have a look to this link http://www.thinkboxsoftware.com/krak-bin-file-format/ I think you need to use pflow.

Comment by jalixko | January 18, 2012 | Reply

• Hey!

yes, krakatoa supports bin files from RealFlow. It is weird you can import the particles from PFlow and not from a PRT Loader. I tested that and it is working, so it would be great if I could see some bin file.

Thanks

luisM.

Comment by luismma | January 19, 2012 | Reply

4. Have you tried to export to prt directly?

Comment by jalixko | January 18, 2012 | Reply

5. Very, very thanks!!! its great script!!!!

Comment by Nomit | June 8, 2012 | Reply

6. hi how to use this script?

Comment by gunjan sharma | September 15, 2012 | Reply

• Hi, select the GDC node and execute the script. If you get any error in the execution make sure the script has not any empty lines at the end of the script. RealFlow use to add an empty line when importation.

Comment by jalixko | September 17, 2012 | Reply