RealFlow Wisdom

RealFlow blog: Tips, Technics and Scripting.

Filter Daemon… ¡that Great Unknown!

This is one of my prefered utilities, the Filter Daemon. You can use it to kill, separate or split particles into more, it is a really cool tool. The best of this daemon is it saves time in scripting similar tools and computation time, because it is built as other multithreaded daemon in the core of RF. I´ve used it in this example to fake a melt effect.

This video shows the filter evaluating the position in Y axis.

In this example is being evaluated  pressures.

You can download the scenes from UpDown and Pressure.

Advertisements

July 24, 2010 - Posted by | Daemons, Expressions, Particle Base Fluids, Tips | , , ,

16 Comments »

1. Hola.
    Está genial, esto es un script o lo has hecho sólo con daemons y emisores?
    Genial de verdad.
    Un saludo

Comment by Mikel | August 14, 2010 | Reply

• Gracias Mikel! Permiteme que te conteste en ingles para que los demás lo entiendan.
      Thanks Mikel! Let me answer you in english for everybody undestand it.
      This is a scene set up, only a Filter Daemon is used and 2 emitters, you can download the scene from the RealFlow resources web page.

Comment by jalixko | August 14, 2010 | Reply

2. Thanks for your time.
    We have created an unofficial forum of RealFlow in Spanish, we talked to NextLimit and support the initiative as long as we clarify that it is not official.
    The forum is almost inactive realflow.es and we felt very bad that people are left without speaking a reference of this software in Spanish.
    I downloaded your web scene and is a xml file, correct?
    Sorry for my bad English
    Thanks again

Comment by Mikel | August 14, 2010 | Reply

3. unrar the scene
    and in realflow go to import menu and und under nodes from XML
    load the file MeltFilterV04.xml that’s all

Comment by ameur | October 3, 2010 | Reply

4. is necesary mesh the scene MeltFilter for after import to C4D?

Comment by diego | October 30, 2010 | Reply

5. Well, actually I use Renderkit instead of using meshing inside RealFlow, but in your case, usng CD4 you will need to mesh it because there is no Renderkit this 3d platform.

Comment by jorge | October 31, 2010 | Reply

6. Hi jorge

I tried to study a scene with the daemon filter, and then import the xml file is not running the scene correctly.

I can be doing wrong?

Thank you very much.

Comment by chechuga | March 16, 2011 | Reply

• Did you get any error message?

Comment by Jorge | March 16, 2011 | Reply

• No I get no error message, the file works but not melt as is done in your example, simply sphere the plane crashes.
        Now I’m at work, later I will try to give more details, or an image for you helps.

Comment by chechuga | March 17, 2011

7. hi Jorge
    I can run the scene with MeltFilterPressure_V04, but i like to see other flie: MeltFilterHeigth_V02, and i can’t.

Can you help me please.

Sorry for my bad English
    Regards
    If you want i can send you a image of my monitor to your mail.

Comment by chechuga | March 18, 2011 | Reply

8. Please, try this link to download de scene http://dl.dropbox.com/u/845199/Melfilter/MeltFilterUpDown_V02.flw
    For me it is working.

Comment by jalixko | March 21, 2011 | Reply

• Thanks You

This scene work ok.

I’m looking for the mistake with the other scene.

Regards

De nuevo muchisimas gracias

Comment by chechuga | March 21, 2011 | Reply

9. No hay de qué! 😀

Comment by jalixko | March 21, 2011 | Reply

10. thank u very very much dude

Comment by Mohammadreza | September 19, 2011 | Reply

11. hi i did download XMl setup from the link which is there.. but when i am importing that Xml setup in my RF2012 its not working as hows the Video showing.,.. what i be missing to to can u pls guide me

Comment by tas1234 | November 17, 2012 | Reply

12. Hi tas1234, I was testing again the xmls and founded the xml are failing, they lost some conexions. By now try this, select the filter daemon and load in the source emiter the sphere.

Comment by jalixko | November 18, 2012 | Reply